Friday, July 31, 2009
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Before the concert I asked my mom "What do you think the average age of people at this concert is going to be?" to which she replied "My age" and I said "Aren't you guessing a little young?" and I was right...the average age was probably about 60! It is very possible that I was the youngest person there! It was awesome!
Also for those of you who don't know...she has really really really really really long hair! She keeps it about 3 inches above the floor! I kinda have an odd obsession with long hair and I could not stop watching it all night! I took about a ga-zillion pictures of it but for your sake...I am only posting a couple! But make sure you check out how LONG it is!!!
Her sister Peggy Sue was there as a back-up singer. Also for those of you who don't know...Crystal Gayle is Loretta Lynn's baby sister. And for those of you wondering who Loretta Lynn is all I will say is "The Coal Miner's Daughter" and if you don't know what that means...google it!
So between the fact that it was a FANTASTIC concert...I also saw some of my favorite people and my good friend Ashley sang the National Anthem and sounded freakin fabulous!!! It was an excellent excellent night!
Monday, July 27, 2009
2. We have had many a roasting party! I really really really do love to roast things!
4. We went and saw The Drowsy Chaperone in Logan! And ate at The Blue Bird before! We had so so so much fun!
6. Saw a shuttle launch while standing on Cocoa Beach! That's right, an actually shuttle launch!
7. Our good friend Casey Myers got married! (No he is not in the picture but this was just a fun picture we took while there!)
8. Brandon & I got engaged! (Okay not really! Here is the story...I looked good since I just came from a wedding and Brandon looks FABULOUSLY SKINNY so we wanted to take skinny pictures...and what better place to do that then at the set of Whoopee!? So after the show...as we were taking pictures...everyone kept saying they looked like engagement pictures...and so that is what they became!)
9. Leslie wanted to go see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and none of her family wanted to join her so of course when she asked me I said YES!
10. Emily & I were the stage hands for The Miss Utah Pageant at the Capitol Theatre!! Thanks Brandon for a wonderful and scary new experience!
(Emily & I spent the majority of our time in this little nook! We kinda had our own little world stored here - treats, drinks, blankets, pillows, etc! Brandon took this picture during one of our 'breaks'! So so so much fun!)
11. Michael Jackson passed away :( Now I know that any of you who know anything about pop culture already know that...but I am kinda a HUGE MJ fan and so it was definitely a big part of my life.
14. There was a big deaf symposium in Salt Lake and I went down for the Sunday Meetings and met up with some of my VERY favorite people from my mission!!!
15. I got to help with another show at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse! Dennis Ferrin directed Whoopee! and I got to be his assistant again! Working on this show and with this cast has been an experience I will always treasure! I have made some amazing new friends!
16. My best friend Emily got married to the love of her life, Chris! July 16, 2009 in the Bountiful LDS Temple! And I got to be the Maid of Honor! Isn't she gorgeous! Every part of the day was completely amazing and perfect!!!
17. Me & Mom went to the George Strait concert!!!
(The best shot of the night!)
19. On my way to the Stott's cabin in Island Park I took a little detour to Jackson Hole to see 'Jackson Hole To The Max' aka 'The Reba Movie'!!! It's kinda a documentary on Jackson Hole and Reba is in it and narrates through the whole thing! It was FANTASTIC!!!!
And I think that kinda sums up my life for the last couple months! Dang, I have a good life! So much fun!!!
And now that I have updated I am going to try to update more often! My goal is to update atleast 5 times in the next 7 days! Hopefully now that I have put it in writing I will feel enough guilt to actually follow through!!!!
P.S. Hi Brandon!