Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Crystal Gayle

Tonight me and my mom went to the Layton Amphitheatre to see Crystal Gayle! Crystal Gayle!! It was a great great concert!! For those of you under the age of 50 who don't know who she is...she is a very famous country singer from the 70's! She has some awesome songs like "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" and "Talking In Your Sleep" and "Why Have You Left The One You Left Me For" and many more!!

Before the concert I asked my mom "What do you think the average age of people at this concert is going to be?" to which she replied "My age" and I said "Aren't you guessing a little young?" and I was right...the average age was probably about 60! It is very possible that I was the youngest person there! It was awesome!

Also for those of you who don't know...she has really really really really really long hair! She keeps it about 3 inches above the floor! I kinda have an odd obsession with long hair and I could not stop watching it all night! I took about a ga-zillion pictures of it but for your sake...I am only posting a couple! But make sure you check out how LONG it is!!!











Her sister Peggy Sue was there as a back-up singer. Also for those of you who don't know...Crystal Gayle is Loretta Lynn's baby sister. And for those of you wondering who Loretta Lynn is all I will say is "The Coal Miner's Daughter" and if you don't know what that means...google it!

So between the fact that it was a FANTASTIC concert...I also saw some of my favorite people and my good friend Ashley sang the National Anthem and sounded freakin fabulous!!! It was an excellent excellent night!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Soo cool! Wish I could have been there:) I heard Ashley was fabulous and how cool is that to sing right before Crystal Gayle!?

Anonymous said...

I feel cool, cause I'm only 25, and I know exactly who her and Loretta Lynn is. :-) Can't believe she still has all that hair!

Kelland and Ashley said...

Thanks for the shout out - it was pretty awesome to see my friend Tara there:)

Crystal said...

My dad always thought Crystal Gayle was gorgeous so that's where I got my name (& the spelling). How fun that you got to see her!

Tara said...

Crystal! That is awesome! How neat to be named after someone like that! She put on a pretty great concert! I have loved her forever!