Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Vegas - Road Trip To Vegas!

I left work Friday (Sept 4) around 1:00 and headed down to Vegas! I wanted to get to Vegas as soon as I could...to see Brandon and start our AWESOME weekend of fun!!!

Side note: The day before I left (Thursday) my grandma called me and told me that her cousin had passed away and his funeral was in Cedar City and so that meant that her and my Uncle Boyd and Aunt Norma (Triple love them!) were driving up from Tucson! When we got talking about our plans we realized that we would probably hit Cedar City at about the same time! So we decided that I would take a break in my drive and see them for a bit! (I was so so so excited to see them! I hadn't seen Boyd & Norma since April of 2005 - way way way too long!)

As it turned out I beat them to Cedar by about 15 minutes is all! So I just found their hotel and waited in the lobby til they got there! When they pulled up it was all I could do not to run out like a 5 year old and jump up and down at their car! (Okay - maybe I did a small version of that!) Did I mention I was really excited to see them? :)

After I helped them unload the car - we headed to dinner. We found a little diner in town and had so much fun chatting away and just getting caught up! After dinner I didn't want to leave yet (I wanted to get to Vegas but just wasn't ready to say goodbye) so I went back to their hotel for a while.

Grandma, Me, Aunt Norma, and Uncle Boyd (it took alot of begging to get him to be in the picture!)

I have always wished that I lived closer to Boyd & Norma! We would have had so much fun! 4 years is way to long to go without seeing them! The only thing that I was sad about was that I didn't get to see Nikki & Kristi (their girls), but I had a GREAT time!!!

Grandma, Me, & Aunt Norma!!! Can you just see how happy I am!?!?!?

My grandma was trying to get me to stay the night there with her so I didn't have to drive in the dark - I admit I was slightly tempted...until they were talking about going to bed...AT 8:30!!!! Um...no thank you! So I said my goodbyes and headed the rest of the way to Vegas!!!!

Stay tuned for more Vegas blogs...

No comments: