Sunday, February 15, 2009

It's amazing what you can find at the playhouse....

So years and years ago before the playhouse was the playhouse, it was a grocery store. Actually I think it was multiple grocery stores, but at one point in the late 70's and early 80's it was a Smith's. I knew that my dad worked there, I even remember the days when we were a one car family and he had to be to work early early early in the morning and they would carry me out to the car and lay me in the back seat asleep, we would drop him off at work, come home and my mom would carry me back to bed! Good old memory!

But anyways...the place has been remodeled and changed a million times...so imagine my surprise when we found this one the stairs going upstairs...


Gordon Skinner is my mom's youngest brother and worked there starting in 78! How funny is that! When we saw it I called my dad and said "I know you worked here...but did Gordon work here?" to which he of course replied "Yes" so between that and the fact that it is totally his handwriting...this is my uncle!!! Isn't that awesome! And I am not 100% positive...but the 'that's right' written underneath could easily be my dad's handwriting!!

3 comments:

lindylou said...

That's awesome! Just goes to show what a small world it is! And hey, at least you just found some writing on the wall and not some ghost!

Unknown said...

Hey Tara that is so funny to find that all these years later, And that is so Gordon's handwritting. Oh and by the way Austin & Ayden are wayyyyy
cuter. But I am just a little bias.
your loving Aunt Celeste

Myndi said...

haha that's funny! I've passed that like a hundred times! haha that's cool.