Sunday, February 8, 2009

Roasting!

Okay...so we really like to roast things! Cooking things over a fire is something we love to do! We love to walk down the isle at Walmart and find things that we can roast! Some of our favorites are chicken nuggets (my personal favorite), mini egg rolls, mini corn dogs (I don't actually like that because I don't like corn dogs but my friends say they're really good!), sandwiches (we have special sandwich roasting sticks), and of course the traditional marshmellows! Well its been a LONG time since we had a fire and could roast things!

We have a pretty nice little heater in our basement (because it is always FREEZING down there!) and so Jenn brought over some marshmellows and tried to roast them! First she had to fasten a long roasting device. It is made out of paper clips and lots and lots of duct tape...


Then she put the marshmellow on....




And roasted the marshmellow!

It was a very good attempt and she tried really hard and definitely gets an 'A' for effort...but unfortunately...even though a heater gets really hot...it does not effectively roast a marshmellow...more like crystalizes it or something...I'm not really sure! So anyways...it was very fun to watch but was not very successful!

4 comments:

Myndi said...

hahahaha I love it! paperclips and duct tape! lol and I love that you are back! I've missed your bloggage

Trouble said...

that has to be a bad idea - I told Audrey about it and she said "is it safe??"
Oh and thanks for posting FINALLY

Anonymous said...

have I mentioned that I love reading your blog. Funny story just today one of my employees and I were doing interviews for an open position in our work apartment (long story). Anyway there was some chocolate and marshmellows left Over from a program. But someone had left the marshmellows open they were rock hard like dent the wall hard. Well why let that stop us we were starving so we microwaved them put them on the chocolate and ate. Not bad just eat quickly before they harden. I thought this was an appropriate time to relay this story! ;-)

Tara said...

Diana - trust me...most things Jenn does we think "Is it safe?" and normally the answer is NO! But I did make her promise not to put the marshmellow IN the heater and nothing bad happened so it ended up being safe!

Brandon - LOVED that story!!!