Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Best Calling In The Church!

Okay, I seriously have the best calling in the church! So good in fact that I hate to even write it here for fear that you will read this and want my calling for yourself!

I am in the Young Womens in the Weber Valley Branch. The Weber Valley Branch is a branch that gets to go to the Youth Correctional facility that is located in my stake. Oh my goodness...I LOVE my calling! We get to go in on Sundays for an hour and have a basic gospel lesson and then again on Wednesdays for an hour and have Young Womens/Boy Scouts. Anyways...I love these kids! I can not tell you how much I love to be able to go there and just share with the kids that they are loved, to teach them basic things like faith, repentence, and to help them learn basic life skills and help them know they are worth the fight! Some kids we see only once and they never come back, and some kids are 'regulars'. They'll be in for a few weeks then out for a while then back in, again and again. And even though we hate that they are there (it means they've messed up big time) we love to see them and get the priviledge of loving them unconditionally. And I have to say we even get a couple favorites! One of the best parts is that we are not allowed to ask them what they did to be there so we never have to see the bad side of them! Anyways...I could go on and on about all the little things I love about my calling but I will save that for future posts! So I will get to the reason for this post...

Occasionally on Wednesday we'll have a combined activity. Tonight we tied fleece blankets to donate to Primary Children's Hospital (see previous post about how much I love Emily & Cory for helping me cut blankets all day) and it went FANTASTIC! There were only 14 kids in the center tonight but we were able to get over 50 blankets tied! We showed them a video that had been made a couple of years ago with some people in our stake telling stories of their kids who have been in Primary Children's and having received things that were donated. Then we let them tie blankets...everyone tied atleast two and some tied three or four! It was awesome to be a part of! Then we fed them pie (We called tonight 'Pie & Tie') and just had a good time!

Seriously...best calling in the church!

2 comments:

Myndi said...

oh. I thought you were going to talk about how muh you love teaching sunday school ;)

Annie said...

That does sound seriously cool :)