Sunday, November 30, 2008

Wendover!

Friday was such a great day!!!!!! I got to sleep the whole drive there! Be lazy in the hotel room until the concert! See a fantastic concert! Sleep great! And then sleep the whole drive home! Definitely a well needed, even though it was short, vacation!

Now for my review on the concert! It was excellent! The concert hall in Wendover is fantastic! It is very small...I'm not sure how to describe it but i'd say its smaller than a high school auditorium is. So it makes for a very personal (I don't know if that's the right word or not) concert. And it was a Christmas concert so it was very mellow! No standing up and screaming and singing at the top of my lungs...just a good sit back and enjoy yourself kinda night!

And the people watching was awesome! I don't know how to tell stories of the people next to me without sounding totally judgmental so I'll keep the specifics to myself but just know I enjoyed the people watching alot! The one thing I will say is the group next to us kept talking before the show started and kept saying that they hoped she sang mostly her songs and not too much Christmas. Um the concert was called Wynonna A Classic Christmas! (It was even printed that way on the ticket) Pretty sure there will be mostly Christmas songs! And let me just say...it was mostly Christmas. I think she sang for just a little over an hour and I think my dad said she sang 19 songs. I can't remember right now if that's what he said but it sounds right. And I think maybe 3 or 4 were non-Christmas.

I think my favorite part about the concert was how real she seemed. She just seemed very human and at one point when she was supposed to go offstage for a costume change...she forgot and they cut her mic as she was talking and she went "what? Oh I totally forgot!!" then walked offstage! It was awesome! Then when she came back on she said "I didn't change my outfit cuz I chose to fix my hair! That's a woman's prerogative (don't know how to spell that sorry)" So fun! It just made it seem real to me! I really enjoyed myself!

Here are a couple of pictures I took!

Here we are at dinner! (It's the same place we ate for breakfast the next morning) And that bread that they brought us was fantastic just FYI!

My wonderful parents!

This bed was probably the most comfy hotel bed I've ever slept in! It was fantastic!! The picture does not do it justice!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So...still nothing about Barry "Freaking" Manilow!!!