Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Fun @ Aida

I have been lucky enough to get to volunteer up at the Terrace Plaza Playhouse for a few years now. Most of the time I just volunteer by helping run the box office and concessions but occasionally I have been lucky enough to get to be the 'assistant to the director'! Right now I am helping with Aida! For starters it is my favorite musical but the real reason I wanted to help with this one is because my best friend Emily is the choreographer and I thought it would be fun to get to work with her! So I just asked her dad (the director) if he needed my help and lucky for me he said yes!!! During rehearsals I have quite a bit to do...keep things organized, take roll, make sure everything is ready, call out lines, push the play/pause button on the minus tracks, and any other go-fer thing that needs to be done! And I LOVE IT! But once the show opens I pretty much get to sit back and enjoy the show! I also get to hang out with the cast and others out in the lobby before and during the show! I will post some pictures of the actual show later but for now...here are some fun pictures from behind the scenes!!!

Emily & IMe, Emily, & AnnieMeganne, Holly, & IMe, Ashley, & KellandMe & AnnieJamila, Me, & SamiMe & AshleyLisa & I looking at 'Aida' on the cool bag she bought in New York!up in the tech booth with Brady& DustinMe & KeilaniCory & I hanging out backstageMe & EmilyMe & BrandonMe, Cory, & BrandonA whole lotta hotness going on! Leah, Brandon, Me, & CoryMe, Leah, Cory, & AnnieMe, Cory, Lisa, Casey, & Jim
Can you see why I have so much fun! I LOVE PEOPLE!!! Only one more show and then it closes...I'm so sad! I'm not ready for it to be over yet!

5 comments:

Annie said...

Great pics, sugar! I especially love the ones where you're SO HOT! Oh, yeah, that's ALL of them!!! Keep up the good blogging ;)

Kelland and Ashley said...

Yay for pictures! I'm so glad that you are a camera-happy person and that we all get to benefit from it!:)

The Gaston's said...

Yeah... When is Aida over?? I still wanna go see it!

Tara said...

Mandy - it only has one performance left :( closing night is this friday.

Anonymous said...

Great blog you are doing great.