Saturday, November 22, 2008

Life Has Been Good To Me!

Seriously! I LOVE life and I have the best friends ever! Today was such a great day! I got so much done and was reminded just how lucky I am!

So last night as I was updating my blog, Jacqie was watching and then decided she actually wanted to update her own blog too! So we did that and I kinda showed her the basics for blogging (not that I really know anything since I'm so new) and then we were looking thru old pictures I've taken of Jade! It was so fun to walk down memory lane for a minute! But as we were doing that...this is what happened to Jade!

I think maybe she was tired?

Seriously, how cute is that?

Needless to say, Jacqie & Jade ended up just staying over!

Then this morning I got up at the butt crack of dawn and met Cory, Emily, & Brady at the temple at 9:00! My good friend Brady is leaving on his mission to Bangalore India on December 3 and we, as friends, all got to go to the temple together! How awesome is that? I got to go to the temple with 3 of my favorite people today! The whole time we were there I was able to sit and just think about how lucky I am to be somewhere that great with people I love so much! What a great way to start a day!

Me, Cory, Brady, & Emily outside the Ogden Temple

Then Emily, Cory, & I headed back to my house to cut fleece blankets. Here's the story: One of my church callings is that I get to be in the Young Women's in the Weber Valley Detention Center Branch (one day I'll do a whole blog on how I have the best calling in the church) and every year we do a big service project where we collect fleece and then cut it and then the kids in the center get to tie them and then we donate them to Primary Children's Hospital. Well I was getting a bit overwhelmed thinking of all the fleece I needed to get cut so I asked for a favor! I asked Cory & Emily to come over and we could watch movies and they could help me cut fleece! They loved the chance (well...that or hated it but came just cause they love me so much...I'm not really sure...love...hate...your call!!!) When they said yes I'm not sure they knew quite what they were getting into but we ended up cutting 36 blankets in about 5 or so hours! I seriously have the best friends ever, I dare someone to argue with me on that one! Words can not express how grateful I am to them for all their help! LOVE YOU EMILY & CORY!

The blankets before we started cutting

A different view of all the material

Pretty big pile isn't it!

Here we are hard at work!

You guys are the best!

About an hour or so before we were done Nick & Tanith came over and Tanith is wonderful and was willing to help us cut too!

Emily, Me, & Tanith

Cory, Emily, & I - we were so close to being done at this point!

The pile of finished blankets!

Look at all that hard work!

That is ALOT of cutting, just FYI

Emily, Cory & I with our finished blankets!

After the blanket cutting, I went to dinner with my parents, Nick, & Tanith for Nick's 25th birthday (HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK) at Red Lobster! Delicious! Then I came home and Emily & I watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 (LOVED IT!)

So as you can see...today was a Fan-freakin-tastic day! I love people!

No comments: