Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Forgotten Carols

Every year Michael McLean's production of the Forgotten Carols comes to town! Brandi & I have gone for YEARS! So long in fact I don't actually remember when we started but it was while we were still in high school I'm pretty sure! And pretty much every year we have a good memory to go with it! There was the year we had to go see it somewhere in like South Salt Lake cuz we missed the other ones. The year the snow was HORRIBLE and we were seeing it in Logan. The year Brandi tried to get us a discount on the tickets because her uncle knows Michael. The year we definitely parked in the wrong place so it took us over 30 minutes to even move in the parking lot. Always so much fun!

We prefer to go see it in Logan so that we can have dinner at The Blue Bird but for one reason or another the last few years we haven't been able to go on those nights so lucky enough, we have an Ogden tradition as well! When we see it in Ogden we go to Roosters for dinner! Excellent alternative to Logan & Blue Bird!

This year was a Roosters & Ogden year! So on Monday, we (Brandi, Larry, & I) met at Blue Bird, had an EXCELLENT dinner! Then headed to the Forgotten Carols! We parked strategically (I wanted to hurry out to get to the playhouse to be able to say goodbye to Brady) and headed in! Our seats were great (Thanks Brandi - you can still be in charge every year) The show itself was as I remember it! (Well each year they change a little something but its basically still the same) I do miss how simple it used to be and Katie Thompson was definitely the best Connie Lou I've ever seen, I miss her too! But other than that it was a great time! Brandi & I always have so much fun together - I forget how much we just 'get' each other!

Brandi is apparently really happy to be here!

We really did have a lot of fun!

Larry looks like he's having a blast, doesn't he!?!?

I love traditions, love the Forgotten Carols, & love Brandi! So it made for a pretty dang good night! (and yes, I did make it in time to say goodbye to Brady and get one last hug!)

2 comments:

Lana Schow said...

I love Brandy and PS, I want to go next year because I haven't gone in a few years and I really miss it. :)

Tara said...

Lana - next year you are in!!!