Monday, December 15, 2008

Jenn is home!!!

YAY!!! YAY!!!! YAY!!! Jenn is home! She is home from her mission! She called me this morning and we talked for just a couple minutes. Then we all went to lunch (Amy, Megan, & I already had it planned) and let me just tell you how great it was to see her!! Dang, I've missed that girl!!

We had so much fun at lunch just talking and having a great time!

Kenzie (Jenn's sister), Jenn, Megan, Baby Addie (Amy's niece)


Me & Amy


Baby Addie just snuggled right up and fell asleep! Isn't she cute!

Then after work Amy & I went bowling with the Young Single Adults. It was up on base, and after getting just slightly lost, we asked a guy walking down the street where the bowling alley was and once we found it, we actually had a great time! We both even bowled pretty decent! Amy's goal was to get over 50 and my goal was to get over 100. And we both reached our goal! Way to go us!!

Me & Amy


Action shot! And yes, for the record I even hit those pins...I missed alot of pins but conveniently those ones I actually knocked down

Me, Rebecca, & Janelle

Amy & I only stayed long enough to play one game because then we had to run and stop by Kelsie's choir concert! We got there in time to watch her sing her couple songs then we snuck outta there and headed to my house for weekly movie night!

We had a pretty good turn out...me, Amy, Megan, Jenn, Ty, & eventually Jeff. We actually opted to not watch a movie and instead introduce Jenn to the joy that is the wii! We played alot of random games and just kinda gave her an overall view of the fun possibilities!

This next picture was when Megan lost her phone in my couch (you would be surprised at how often that happens...we're not sure how...but many of my friends have lost their phones in my couch many times)

Jenn holding the chair back and Megan crawling under to find the phone

Alright....these next pictures needs a little explaining...we LOVE frooties! (fruit flavored tootsie rolls) The only problem is that they come in packages of all one flavor so we have always bought multiple flavors then dumped them out, mixed them up, and put them back in the packages. And we always take pictures with them. The packages have gotten stingier...they used to be 440 per package and now they are only 360 per package...rip off! So this years pile is not near as large as previous years! (there also are only 4 flavors this time and we've had as many as 7 before)

Amy, Jenn, Megan, & I

And we always take a shot with Megan pouring them down on us!

So that was our fun night! I also made Skookies! (Awesome awesome chocolate chip cookies baked in a cast iron pan then you let it cool off just barely, put a couple scoops of icecream on top, a little hershey's syrup, and eat it warm right out of the pan!!! DELICIOUS! Jenn needed to be introduced and lets be honest - that is the only reason Jeff comes to movie night!)

So all in all it was a pretty great day! And did I mention that I am so excited to have Jenn home!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I've been introduced to the "rip-off" of many candies. They are getting smaller and smaller while the price is getting larger and larger. I hate it. Did you ever have bonkers?

Tia J said...

You are always doing something! Never a dull moment with you huh! Are you going to Sis. Sparrows open hosue in UT?

Tara said...

Steph - I don't think I've ever had bonkers? What kind of candy are they?

Tia - yes, I'm planning going to Sis. Sparrows open house in UT!