Thursday, December 4, 2008

Who knew Christmas Carol could be so much fun?

Warning: This post will probably end up being pretty long and FULL of pictures! Most of which won't be as funny to those of you who weren't there tonight...but I can't stop laughing as I look at them!

I had so much fun at Christmas Carol tonight! Wait...let me back up just a little bit! I had an excellent lunch today, not because there was anything special about the food, but the company was fantastic! My good friend Brady entered the MTC yesterday and so me and my friend Leslie had lunch with our friend Lisa (Brady's mom). It was so fun and reminded me that I do have some excellent friends and I am pretty dang blessed! We had Applebees to go and ate at the playhouse while working the box office. We talked about anything and everything and especially how much we're gonna miss Brady but that he is going to be a FANTASTIC missionary!!! Okay...now to Christmas Carol. It was my night to help Lisa with box office/concessions. The show was rented out by a ward so that pretty much means we do nothing but sit, direct traffic, and try to keep ourselves from being too bored (can you see where this is going?) Many of the following pictures are a result of Brandon being in charge of the camera! We laughed ALOT tonight and had so much fun! Also - just as a warning - don't let Brandon and Casey spend time together - they are a little mischievous when left alone!

So it started with this...

Brandon came to the show tonight just to see me and since I was in the box office before it started, he went and helped in concessions. When the show was about to start he asked me if I wanted anything. To which I said "yes, a Dr. Pepper and boy M&M's." A few minutes later Casey came over and told me that Brandon had my stuff for me and he needed me to hurry and come talk to him. Well I didn't think much of it. When I first got over there Brandon said...I wanted one of your m&m's so I opened it and had a few...once again...thought nothing of it. So I start eating my m&m's...Brandon gets a phone call and walks away...Casey can't stop giggling. Well I am just eating my m&m's...and all of a sudden...as I am pouring a couple out into my hand...I get a girl m&m...as you can imagine I thought that was awesome! My eyes light up and I turn to Casey and show him and am all excited. How cool is it to get a regular m&m in a peanut m&m package? :) Right?!?! So...Brandon gets back...Casey makes me replay my excited face...they are both laughing...so by now I'm kinda catching on...I keep saying...you put that in there didn't you? They both keep denying it but laughing at the same time. So we are all giggling (its contagious...what can I say) and then someone (I can't remember if it was Brandon or Casey) says...that one is just a young boy...he hasn't hit puberty yet! So by now we are really laughing! So I just keep eating more...and once again...I get some girl ones...by now I am suspicious...especially with all the laughing going on. I keep asking which one of them mixed up the package? To which Casey replies "It's just a eunich convent!" Okay...I seriously about died laughing! Brandon & I could not stop laughing!! Seriously one of the funniest things I've ever heard...and it came from Casey...only added to how funny it was! So to make a long story short (too late) Casey finally admitted that they changed the m&m's! But man we had fun for a while with it!


Here is the last little bit of my package!

Brandon titled this picture 'The finger model"

Jamila said "look...they just fell this way"

Brandon, Casey, & I - laughing the whole time!

Me & Keilani - I think we have a picture like this for just about every show in the last two years!

Jamila, Me, & Milly

Okay - as if this next picture isn't funny enough on its own (I can't stop giggling when I look at it) after I took it and showed them, Brandon said "Can I send that to my mom? She'd be really proud!" I'm laughing out loud right now just thinking about it!

Jamila & Brandon

Brandon was taking lots of pictures of random people/things...and Casey goes "wait - no - can we get one of my eye?" So of course Brandon also thought that was a good idea!

A few minutes later Casey says "I can't see out of my right eye" Gosh...I wonder why? :)


Casey had the camera for this one

Jim drinking his Diet Dr. Pepper

Can you believe he would throw a pie in my face? :)

A few years ago when I first started volunteering at the playhouse...Casey & I worked concessions every night together! We got bored before the show ALOT and we would take pictures to entertain ourselves...one thing we tried again, and again, and again, and again...was to get an action shot blowing the paper off a straw...we were never successful :( But as you can see below...SUCCESS!!!!




Catching Leah by surprise

I SERIOUSLY LOVE MILLY!

Mason!

Lindsay did not want her picture taken so Brandon kept trying to catch her by surprise! After many failed attempts...he got this one!

I'm not sure what's going on here!

Milly, Keilani, & Jamila - LOVE these girls!

I bet you can't tell which are the real people and which are the dolls?

This is what happens when Brandon has the camera! (There were many like this but since this is my blog - I get to pick and choose which ones I like! Not very many taken tonight were flattering!)

DD talking on the phone during intermission!

When there is a chimney sitting around...you must take a chimney picture!


We had so much fun!!

So that was my night and as you can see when we get bored...we make our own fun! And I was able to have some much needed laughter! Thanks Brandon & Casey for a fun night!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know whether I'm more appalled by the fact that you climbed into a prop or that you designate M&Ms with nuts as boys.

Anonymous said...

Oh my...I love the carolers! So hard to see who is real and who is not. And Brandon taking pictures to send home to Mother is priceless :)