Friday, December 19, 2008

My Favorite Part About Blogging!

I have decided that my favorite part about blogging is that I can talk (well write) about things that you couldn't care less about in a normal conversation! But just because I am updating my blog, you guys all read it and hopefully even kinda enjoy it! Plus, I am sure my friends are thanking you so very much because now they don't have to listen to as many of my stories as they used to! I can write about anything and you guys are stuck listening (well reading) to my rambling!!! I LOVE BLOGGING!!!!

We got out of work a few minutes early today and so I headed home! And while it looked like this outside...



I decided to make some fudge! I LOVE LOVE LOVE fudge! The first time I remember eating this kind was as a kid at my friend Dori's house! (Come to think of it...lots of my first food memories are from Dori's) It is the kind that is made with the Marshmellow Creme! And it is fantastic. There is actually a recipe on the back of the jar but it only has the recipe for the making it on the stove and I have always made it in the microwave! So that is the way I do it!

*Lightly grease 8x8 or 9x9 pan.
*Microwave 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) margarine in 4 quart microwave bowl on High 1 minute
*Add 3 cups sugar & 1 can (5 oz) evaporated milk. Mix well

*Microwave on High 5 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes. Mix well. Scrape bowl
*Microwave on High 5 1/2 minutes, stirring after 3 minutes.
*Gradually stir in 1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips until melted.

(I have never actually made the fudge myself before, I've always had someone else to pour the ingredients in while I stirred, so this was a new experience for me!)

*Add remaining ingredients. 1 jar (7 oz) marshmellow creme. 1 tsp vanilla. 1 cup chopped nuts. (nuts optional...and I choose to not choose them!!) Mix well.

(I love when you first open the marshmellow creme and it kinda creeps out of the jar!)



*Pour into prepared pan. Cool at room temperature. Cut into squares. Eat

I always leave some in the bowl to eat! I am not a good scraper!



And here is the finished project...


So that is what I did while it has been cold & snowy outside!

Now Jenn & Amy are here and we are going to watch Ironman then we are going to have a How I Met Your Mother marathon once Jeff & Megan get here!! Gonna be a great night!

3 comments:

Myndi said...

You made fudge? I may have to come crash your house..

grandma said...

Hi Tara,

Loved your french tipped nails. Wish I were there to eat your fudge. Glad you had a good time with all the family. Wish I had been there too. Maybe it's getting time to move closer. But then you talked about snow so I guess not. Grandma

Christina said...

I love fudge too!!