Thursday, December 18, 2008

What I've Done Tonight...

Made 4 scarves and watched a disc and a half of Pushing Daisies Season 1!

First: Pushing Daisies is awesome! I've had so many people tell me that I should watch it and so when I found season 1 for 18.99 I bought it! And I finally had the chance to start watching it (and I've heard that they cancelled it so I am NOT happy about that). There are so many good things to love about it! I really like the way that it is set up, with the narrator and the details (he was 29 years, 3 months, 2 days, & 4 minutes old). I LOVE Kristin Chenoweth and how she randomly breaks into song. I just really like this show! I have been DVR-ing Season 2 so I can start on that as soon as Season 1 is over! Fantastic!

Second: Making the scarves...
First I cut them into 8 inch wide strips and pin two together...


Then pin 6 inches in from the end (for the tassels) and then 7 inches in from that (for the pocket)...



Then sew along the edges...


Don't forget to leave an opening for the pocket...


Then cut the tassels...



The finished tassels...


Here is a finished scarf....


And all 4 are finally done!


I think they turned out pretty good! And I am totally impressed with myself for getting them done tonight from start to finish! Pretty productive night!! :)

3 comments:

Trouble said...

I love the photodocumenting of this, someone could actually use this for instructions! They are darling by the way.

Myndi said...

what are the pockets for? lol I'm impressed you were that productive. And pushing daisies is an awesome show! finally you pick a good one ;) not as good as rockos but then again what could be

Kelland and Ashley said...

So Tara, I had no idea how artsy and how "Hannah homemaker" you are! I'm impressed. Every time I look at your blog you're making quilts or blankets and now scarfs.....you should really teach me your skills!:)