Monday, December 8, 2008

Movie Night!!

So every Monday night @ 8:00 we have movie night at my house! Any & all are invited! Some weeks there are so many people here that we don't all have room to sit and sometimes there are just one or two people here! But it is always fun and we always enjoy ourselves!

Today Amy came over a little early and we watched the office from last week then started heroes from today until Kelli got here! Then we headed downstairs! Trev showed up shortly after Kelli! They were all wonderful enough to help me cut & tie some more blankets for the center! I have done soooooooooo many blankets lately! But we were able to get done all the ones that I had at my house so I'm feeling pretty good about that! We watched Zoolander because Trev had never seen it! We all laughed so hard (well Kelli, Amy, & I did - not sure how Trev felt about it) It was a fun night! Now Kelli & I are enjoying watching Amy make some Mii's on my Wii! We are laughing alot!

Before movie night started Lana stopped by so I could help her with more knitting! She is currently working on making socks! She is doing so good! I helped her start knitting the heel...she is catching on surprisingly well! I have been pleasantly surprised at how good she is doing! The only set back we've had is that I incorrectly taught her how to purl (oops...its been a long time since I knitted okay) so the ribbing on the ankle is incorrect but it looks okay and I figure as long as she incorrectly does the other sock then no one will be the wiser! But I was able to pull up a youtube video to show me how to correctly purl (thanks Diana - it was linked to the how to cast on video you sent me a few weeks ago) and so the heel looks correct and now we both know the correct way to purl!!

1 comment:

Lana Schow said...

Yeah for me! And yeah for you, Tara, who is the best teacher, ever. I do have to say that I am addicted to knitting, crocheting and any sort of project! I am having a lot of fun and I also very proud of myself.